Background astro influences: Astrology predictions for 2018-2035 based on slowly unfolding transits
To be updated as I come up with new long-term predictions. Updates will be marked as NEW or UPDATED.
Global: Mid-May, 2018 through Apr 2026 (Uranus transit though Taurus) — Increased focus on cryptocurrencies, electronic financial transactions, virtual banking, community banking, and greater than usual fluctuations in currencies’ value (electronic or otherwise). Similarly, this will be a time of change for banks and financial institutions, with entities suddenly appearing, rising to prominence seemingly overnight, then equally abruptly disappearing, or entities radically changing their business. Currencies’ values will be volatile and/or there may be new “weird” hybrid currencies (something that combines virtual and “real” value, or, crosses international borders, or, is valuable only in some special exclusive community, such as a social network [Facebook/Google/Amazon currencies?]). Update (1/14/18): Kodak just announced its KODAKCoin cryptocurrency last week. Surely, more companies will follow. How about, Facebook “Fast Bucks,” Google “Rubles” [lol], and Amazon “Bezos”? 😜😂 Update (06.23.19): On June 18, 2019 Facebook announced a digital currency called Libra set to launch in 2020.
With Taurus = money/finance/stability; Uranus = revolution/lightening bolt/sudden change, this may be a period of significant changes for the financial industry. We will likely see a lot of changes in this area and a big push for all transactions to be conducted electronically (no cash?). In finance and related industries, the focus may shift to all things electronic and community-based (incl. increasing ties between social networks and banks). There will be many fluctuations, changes in direction, and an overall sense of instability/volatility. Uranus is a planet associated with community, equality, being non-gender specific, and somewhat cold (not personable or affectionate) — I imagine this may lead to closures or drastic reduction of bank branches that conduct in-person transactions. Uranus also has to do with all things electronic, high tech, complex, and super fast — this may manifest as increased utilization of big data (esp. from social networks or some large communities) and leveraging advanced technology and fast data processing to make money.
Other manifestations of the Uranus transit though Taurus may include: weird non-gender specific space-y (alien-looking) fashion, clothes used to produce electricity, increased interest in wearable electronics, unusual food growing practices (e.g., growing food in a lab or space, using robots to harvest crops, etc.), harvesting electricity from plants, community farming, unusual construction methods, building things in space, using space technologies in construction (esp. to collect/use electricity more effectively), communities coming together to build things (in places where this normally doesn’t take place), appearance of unusual plants or plants engaging in some unusual activities (blooming in a wrong time of the year? male/female plants becoming intersex? strange hybrid plants?), rise of social networks that focus on money or enable exchange of valuable products/services, and/or expansion of virtual reality communities/activities that provide real source of income or provide virtual services in exchange for real/virtual currency.
Global: March-August 2022 — Saturn square Moon Nodes (precise around late March – mid-April) — During this time period, there is a higher than usual risk of damaging earthquakes, serious accidents (in particular aviation accidents), industrial disasters involving structural damage (e.g., a mine collapse, a dam burst) or something being crushed by large heavy objects. There is also an increased possibility of an attempted coup or some problems for older/established leaders who are seen as inflexible or at the end of their “expiration date.” While this background influence will be in effect for several months, specific events may take place when faster moving planets trigger the slowly unfolding Saturn/Nodes square and/or when other slow-moving planets also form tense aspects.
For ex., on April 4-5, 2022, Mars will join Saturn and both will precisely square the Nodes. Given the nearly precise Jupiter Neptune conjunction (exact on April 12, 2022) at the same time, early April looks extremely tense and ripe for some major devastating event. Jupiter and Neptune conjunction indicates that the event may involve a massive storm, floods, oil or chemical spill, a chemical or bioweapons attack or accident, a gas leak and explosion, pollution or poisoning with some drug/chemical, and so on. Jupiter tends to blow things out-of-proportion, so the situation may cause major panic (e.g., about safety, oil prices, availability of clean water, etc.) and/or have a widespread effect. In general, transits of slower-moving planets, such as Saturn and Uranus, to Moon Nodes (Rahu and Ketu) also coincide with significant events that affect large groups of people.
Early April 2022 also looks signifiant for the U.S. chart — transiting Jupiter/Neptune will oppose U.S. Neptune (floods, oil, gas, chemicals, pharma, navy, inflation, etc.) and square U.S. Mars (fires, engines, military, sports, assertive actions, risk-taking). This may indicate difficulties due to floods, pollution, inflation, or some upsetting confusing situation.
Another time when some difficulties may reach a peak or a time of increased risk for an industrial disaster, military activities, accidents, etc. is April 17-20, 2022. At that time, in the Heliocentric chart, Mars and Pluto will conjunct and precisely square Earth/Moon. This is a transit indicative of a dangerous situation involving protests, riots, attacks, military skirmishes, as well as fires, explosions, or some other problems involving Plutonian locations (e.g., mines, recycling facilities, underground storage, secret underground locations, [nuclear] power plants, nuclear weapons, radiation, etc.). In the geocentric chart, at this time transiting Sun will square Pluto (danger for leaders, uncontrolled release of power), while Jupiter/Neptune conjunction (big hopes, big lies, legal problems for oil/gas/pharma, transportation problems for oil/gas/pharma, inflation, expansion of navy, flooding, confusion, inspiration, divine intervention) will be passing over the Midheaven (leadership, prominent status) in the U.S. chart.
Some examples of the past events that occurred under Saturn square Nodes:
- Hurricane Matthew Sep-Oct 2016. From Wikipedia: Hurricane Matthew was the first Category 5 Atlantic hurricane since Felix in 2007. Matthew caused catastrophic damage and a humanitarian crisis in Haiti, as well as widespread devastation in the southeastern United States. [Note: transiting Neptune (floods) was aspecting Nodes as well.]
- October 2016 Central Italy earthquakes. From Wikipedia: A series of major earthquakes struck Central Italy between the Marche and Umbria regions in October 2016. The third quake on 30 October was the largest in Italy in 36 years, since the 1980 Irpinia earthquake.
- 2016 Montenegrin coup allegations. From Wikipedia: A coup d’état in the capital of Montenegro, Podgorica was allegedly planned and prepared for 16 October 2016, the day of the parliamentary election, according to Montenegro’s special prosecutor.
- 2016 Turkish coup d’état attempt. From Wikipedia: The 15 July 2016 coup d’état attempt was attempted in Turkey against state institutions, including the government and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- 2010 Ecuador crisis. From Wikipedia: The 2010 Ecuador crisis took place on 30 September 2010, when elements of the National Police blockaded highways, occupied the National Parliament, blocked the Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito and the José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport in Guayaquil, and took over TV Ecuador’s station, in what they claimed was a strike to oppose a government-sponsored law that supposedly reduced their benefits. Unrest and looting was reported in seven provincial capitals of the country due to the lack of law enforcement.
- 2010 Canterbury earthquake. From Wikipedia: The 2010 Canterbury earthquake (also known as the Darfield earthquake) struck the South Island of New Zealand with a moment magnitude of 7.1 at 4:35 am local time on 4 September, and had a maximum perceived intensity of X (Extreme) on the Mercalli intensity scale. Some damaging aftershocks followed the main event, the strongest of which was a magnitude 6.3 shock known as the Christchurch earthquake that occurred nearly six months later on 22 February 2011.
- 1999 Olympic pipeline explosion. From Wikipedia: On June 10, 1999, the Olympic pipeline operated by Olympic Pipe Line Company, carrying gasoline at the time, exploded in Whatcom Falls Park in Bellingham, Washington. The disaster started at 3:25 PM PDT (22:25 UTC) when a mostly-underground gasoline pipeline that crossed Whatcom and Hanna Creeks ruptured due to various errors and malfunctions on the part of Olympic Pipeline and others. The gasoline vapors exploded at 5:02 PM PDT, sending a fireball down Whatcom Creek. Three people died in the incident. Property damage was estimated at $58,455,927, most of it caused by the explosion. The rupture allowed 277,000 US gallons (1,050,000 L) of gasoline to escape into the creek bed. Bellingham water treatment personnel were forced to manually add water treatment chemicals to keep the water supply safe until the plant could be rebuilt.
- 1999 Tehuacán earthquake. From Wikipedia: The 1999 Tehuacán earthquake, or the 1999 Central Mexico earthquake, occurred on June 15 at 15:42 local time (20:42 UTC) near Tehuacán, Puebla, Mexico, close to the state of Oaxaca. The earthquake measured 7.0 on the moment magnitude scale.
- 1999 İzmit earthquake. From Wikipedia: During the summer of 1999, Turkey was hit by a series of earthquakes. The mainshock of the İzmit earthquake, also known as the Kocaeli earthquake or Gölcük earthquake, occurred on August 17th, with its epicenter located in İzmit, with a moment magnitude of 7.6, and maximum Mercalli intensity of X (Extreme). The shaking lasted 37 seconds, causing great damage to the area and many casualties.
- 1999 Jiji earthquake. From Wikipedia: The Chi-Chi earthquake (later also known as the Jiji earthquake), also known as the great earthquake of September 21, was a 7.3 ML or 7.7 Mw earthquake which occurred in Jiji (Chi-Chi), Nantou County, Taiwan on Tuesday, 21 September 1999 at 01:47:12 local time. 2,415 people were killed, 11,305 injured, and NT$300 billion worth of damage was done. It is the second-deadliest earthquake in Taiwan’s recorded history, after the 1935 Shinchiku-Taichū earthquake.
- 1999 Pakistani coup d’état October 12, 1999. From Wikipedia: The 1999 military takeover in Pakistan was a bloodless coup d’état initiated by the military staff at the Joint Staff HQ working under Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Pervez Musharraf.
USA/ Kilauea: 2021-2023 — The volcano may build up tension and/or erupt more frequently in 2021. The intensification may occur in early Jan, early June, and mid to late Oct, 2021. Then, in 2022 (possibly Feb-Mar, late June-early July, early Aug) and/or 2023 (esp. May, Aug-Oct), there may be additional significant eruptions that can significantly alter the surrounding landscape. Alternatively, during 2022-2023, a major effort will be undertaken to rebuild the surrounding area. Either way, the result may leave the area unrecognizable. Update (07.04.21): Kilauea erupted again on Dec 20, 2021 and has stopped erupting [for now] on May 25, 2021. (https://www.nps.gov/havo/learn/nature/2020-eruption.htm)
Global/OIL: 2021-2022 — IF horoscope dates for Iran and Saudi Arabia are correct (e.g., I see astrotheme gives them as 04/01/79, 12:01am, Tehran, Iran and 09/23/32, 12:01am, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia), then starting in 2019, we may hear about intense transformations or some significant tensions in these countries, which may potentially affect oil prices. First such period will be from about Mar 2018 through 2020 (esp. 2019-2020) with Saudi Arabia’s chart being affected more (for Iran, tensions will be felt mostly in 2020). Another such period will likely be in 2023-2025. Additionally, for Iran only, 2021- early 2022. With Saturn Neptune conjunction (expected to be a major turning point in oil prices cycle) coming up in 2025-2026 and Neptune entering Aries in 2026, oil prices may indeed continue to rise till then. At a minimum, as mentioned in the Long Term predictions – OIL section below, we may hear about oil and other Neptunian businesses or products (e.g., chemicals, pharmaceuticals, etc.) undergoing major changes in 2025-26.
USA: 2022-2023 — Pluto (major transformation, death/rebirth, nuclear power, power plays, sex, dictatorship, terror, debt/loans, espionage, secrets, etc.) returns to its place in the country’s natal chart — expect major changes in the government and a transformation of the country. This transit indicates a period of major transformation/reforms and may bring out some hidden issues into the light [to reform them]. Likely, increased news about power struggles and news related to hacking, spying, and secrets. For example, back in 2017, when Vatican City [06.07.1929] went through a transit of Pluto opposing its natal Pluto, there was a “Vatican leaks scandal, also known as Vati-Leaks, is a scandal initially involving leaked Vatican documents, exposing corruption; in addition, an internal Vatican investigation has purportedly uncovered the blackmailing of homosexual clergy by individuals outside the Church” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_leaks_scandal).
Other areas that will also likely receive increase attention include healthcare, end of life care, navy, oil, gas, chemicals, drugs, water, as well as financial stability, debt, and loans. Markets may go down globally around Dec 2021 (Uranus Saturn square Dec 2021 – Jan 2022). Then, in Jan-Feb 2022, we may see more significant events [gradually] unfolding in the US; these will relate to governmental leadership and structure. At the same time, there may be confusion or concerns about borders, land, homeland security, banks, stock market, real estate; problems with flooding, navy, snowstorms, movie industry, oil, chemicals, pharmaceuticals; and religious disagreements (transiting Neptune will square US Mars, ruler of the 5th, and Neptune, ruler of the 4th). Around Feb 1-17, 2023 (esp. the 10th), there may be major changes related to US currency and/ monetary policies, which in turn may affect the price of precious metals and other currencies.
NEW USA: May 2022 – Mar, 2037 — Neptune’s transit through the 4th house in the natal chart of the USA. Neptune (confusion, deception, water, oil, chemicals, etc.) will slowly transit through the 4th house of homeland, land, farming, food production, real-estate, banks’ assets, etc. over the course of about 15 years. Neptune’s transit will be a slow-unfolding background influence that can manifest as one or more of the following: confusion about real-estate, uncertainty about banks’ stability, uncertainty about what is homeland, confusion about borders, uncertainty about farming practices or food production, farming affected by floods/chemicals/pollution, significant oil/gas production + transportation projects, initiatives to address water pollution, spread of diseases/infestation/drugs, increased production of beverages/alcohol/cannabis, increased focus on spirituality/yoga/natural healing, etc. Prior Neptune’s transit through the U.S. 4th house was from Feb 1860 to Dec 1873.During that time, there were “numerous major societal shifts in the Americas,” including the American Civil War (1861-1865) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1860s). See separate blog post for details.
USA: 2022-2023 — Difficult and may be even turbulent times. Coincides with Neptune’s (confusion, deception, water, oil, chemicals, etc.) transit through the 4th house of real-estate, land, farming, banks, assets, etc. as well as Pluto return (a major overhaul of all old systems and power structures, a rebirth; may be accompanied by scandals and power struggles at the top). Fluctuation in real-estate prices, problems with the banks and financial institutions (banks under water?), floods destroying land and agriculture, oil spills, chemical poisoning of soil, confusion about the borders (of the country and individual entities, such as states), confusion about the leadership, overhaul of the financial system, power plays among corporate and governmental entities [to gain control over resources / profits], overhaul of the power structures, reform or dismantling of power structures or powerful organizations (such as police, nuclear power plants, and banks), massive tax reforms, and even constitutional changes. This may be a chaotic time, but the events may result in certain outdated power structures and dysfunctional systems being purged/reformed.
Some specific critical dates in 2022:
- Apr 4, 2022 (+- few days) — Possible major oil spill, chemical attack, major weather event involving excessive precipitation, a large earthquake (with tsunami or floods), or a large-scale industrial accident. As mentioned in the OIL predictions above, around this time (+- few weeks), expect major floods, large-scale oil leaks, flu epidemic or some other infectious disease outbreak, also, an oil price drop due to oil glut. These events may be related (e.g., bad weather affects oil production/transportation and consequently oil prices, or, oil tanker suffers an accident in bad weather and spills large quantities of oil) or they may be independent.
- Aug 1, 2022 (+- few days) — Possible accident, bad weather event, or an industrial disaster involving an airplane or some flying vehicles/objects, electricity, engine, battery, fire, explosion, and excessive speed (where typically slow speed would be expected – such as accelerating too fast or coming to an abrupt stop instead of slowly rolling to a stop). There may also be sudden, surprising, or shocking news involving banks, cryptocurrencies, and finance in general (with focus on digital/on-line solutions). This may involve a sudden cancellation of a project, a business going bankrupt, a company/bank suddenly closing, a valuable asset suddenly sky rocketing or losing all value, a wild swing in the value of some cryptocurrency, a sudden power surge leading to an explosion/fire/power loss, and so on. Lastly, there may be surprising or shocking news involving farming or construction — e.g., a well-known building under construction catches fire, or, production of some food is halted.
China: 2022 spring-summer (esp. July-Aug) — Increased probability of significant flooding as well as major accidents and associated financial losses (e.g., due to floods).
OIL: 2025-2026 — The Neptune/Saturn square that occurred in 2015-16 coinciding with suppressed oil prices (see Oil prices fluctuations and Neptune-Saturn cycle: Financial astrology insights). Now that the square is no longer in effect, we should see a multi-year recovery through about 2025. At that time, we will have a conjunction of Saturn and Neptune (2025-26; esp. late Jan-Feb 2026) for the next big reversal (probably a TOP) in the oil prices with related geopolitical turmoil (similar in scale [though not necessarily the same in direction] to what we experienced in 2015-16 but likely even more dramatic). At that time, Neptune will also be leaving its own sign, Pisces, which will make that time period even more significant wrt oil prices and anything related to Neptune, including chemicals (esp. chemical weapons or weapons that work through affecting mind/mood/etc.), drugs/pharmaceuticals (esp. chemical and bioweapons), water, navy, spirituality, etc.
Given that Neptune also rules chemicals, alcohol, beverages, pharmaceuticals, navy, water, drugs, poisons, pollution (of water or with chemicals), music, movies, photography, spirituality, healing (with drugs or through alternative approaches), etc., and that Saturn rules big corporations and governments, businesses related to the areas above (esp. large corporations or governmental entities) will likely experience major changes in their structure, profit schemes, popularity of their products, and/or manufacturing technologies around the same times. For ex., the Dow Chemical and DuPont merger was announced in 2016 under the Neptune/Saturn square —> Neptune=chemicals, Saturn=large corporations, square=forcibly breaking an old pattern. We may hear about other Neptunian businesses or products undergoing major changes around the times of hard Neptune/Saturn aspects (e.g., in 2025-26).
Global: 2025-2026 — Neptune conjunct Saturn in 2025 through early 2026 (esp. May-Sep, 2025 and Jan-Mar, 2026) may coincide with another major viral epidemic. Neptune/Saturn conjunction was in effect during the deadly Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, which killed an estimated 20-50 million people. With Neptune entering Aries at the same time (Aries rules things like military, war, sports, surgery, fire, etc.), the outbreak may be associated with inflammation, fever, dehydration, etc. and/or may be related to bioweapon development, fires spreading pollution, lack of [clean] water due to drought, etc.
Other manifestations may include major maritime disasters, massive oil spills, breakdowns of infrastructure necessary to support related industries (e.g., oil, gas, water, pharma, etc.) and generally stressful events affecting the value and availability of oil, gas, chemicals, clean water, etc. There may be shortages and/or rationing of the related products. This will likely be a major reversal point for oil and gas prices (probably a TOP). For other related products, such as clean water or some drug or chemical, this too can be a time of massive price peaks or drops. Lastly there may be some concerns related to religious or faith-based groups (e.g., cults) — there may be concerns about oppression (of the members and by the members) or inappropriate activities.
An oil spill that may occur at this time (esp. around Aug 9, 2025) could be significant — for example, Exxon Valdez spill also occurred under the Saturn Neptune conjunction. As such, it would likely have important consequences for the energy industry. This possibility is supported by the fact that both planets will switch signs in 2025 from the watery Pisces, friendly to Neptune, to the fiery Aries ruled by Mars, “god of war.” Under the influence of the new sign, the view of the Neptunian products (e.g., oil, navy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, movies, water, fish, etc.) may shift from “we have a lot of it and it’s easy to obtain” to one or more of the following: “We have so much of it that we need to impose restrictions on production,” “we don’t have enough and the supply is drying up,” and/or “the price is climbing too high, so we need to set ceiling limits on the price.” With possible concerns about the availability of clean water, there may be a big push for industrial-scale projects on efficient waste water treatment and water recycling. There will likely be increased efforts to stop the spread of some contamination, disease, etc. and to minimize water pollution. More generally, there may be major changes in Neptunian domains, incl. oil, gas, pharma, chemicals, water, etc. — from the abundance and/or high prices to shortages, losses, and lowering the prices through restrictions.
Some specific critical dates in 2025:
- Feb 1, 2025 (+- few days) — Major accidents, floods, oil spills, gas leaks, industrial disasters, prison breaks, problems with medical research facilities, and/or healthcare-related problems (e.g., pandemic or problems with hospitals or pharmaceuticals). The value of oil, gas, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, clean water, some beverage, etc. may be in focus — some extreme price point may be reached (e.g., a major TOP in the value of oil or some drug). There may be increased concerns about [water] pollution, poisons, contamination, infestation, as well as deceptive activities, hacking, lies, etc. Additional affected areas could be beverages, movie theaters, concert halls, hospitals, etc. There may also be breakthroughs or major achievements or discoveries in those areas, such as a miracle drug, chemical with amazing properties, super-popular song/movie/beverage, water with special properties, underwater tunnel that everyone wants to visit, etc.
- Apr 11 and 21, 2025 (+- few days) — Major accidents, earthquakes, industrial disasters, and/or governmental or corporate shakeups. Events occurring at this time are likely to affect large numbers of people and/or be featured heavily in the news resulting in large numbers of people becoming familiar with the event(s). Possible manifestations include an earthquake with a tsunami, major flooding, collapse of some large structures, distraction of a well-known ancient building, death/removal of a prominent leader, water pollution event, etc. The situation may involve an accident (or intentional attack) that blocks a flow of water, oil, gas, etc. — for ex., a blocked water way or a pipeline. These events may lead to protests or fighting in the subsequent days (end of April 2025).
- Jun 14, 2025 (+- few days) — Globally, increased probability of major accidents (esp. involving lightening storms, airplanes, and power plants), bad weather, and increased market volatility (esp. related to finance, currencies, and banking). At the same time, for the US, there is an increased probability of major developments related to oil, gas, chemicals, floods, water, navy, pharmaceuticals, infectious diseases, healthcare, etc. as well as real estate, banks’ assets, banks’ stability, homeland security and food safety (e.g., due to water pollution, water shortages, or contamination of farmlands due to floods). In the US, there may be increased public concerns about pollution and floods — while these issues are often discussed in the news, at this time there may be significant developments that (a) affect or are known to large numbers of people and (b) lead to some important changes affecting relevant industries (e.g., oil/gas, water supply, agriculture, or pharma).
- Aug 8-14, 2025 (+- few days) — Major accidents, possibly involving something shifting out of balance (like cargo on a ship or an airplane) and excessive speed (e.g., due to high winds or lighting). The event or events may involve something that flies or moves too fast (incl. airplanes, rockets, space debris, meteorites, etc.), generates excessive heat or power (e.g., a power plant) as well as a body of water or water supply (e.g., an aircraft crashes into a body of water). One possible negative manifestation would be an accident at a nuclear power plant, where too much power is generated and things heat up out of control because of shortage of water available for cooling. A possible positive manifestation would be a breakthrough innovation that allows generating massive amounts of power efficiently without using oil, gas, or water. Generally, expect increased news about major earthquakes, tsunamis, infectious diseases, navy, ships, and excessive precipitation. Update [05.31.21]: Other examples of possible manifestations include a major hurricane, a massive oil spill, or a large fire — the situation may involve a lack of [clean/suitable] water, so for example, fires are difficult to put out as there are water shortages, or, an oil spill/hurricane/epidemic/etc. creates a shortage of clean water.
USA: Apr 21 – May 30, 2025 (esp. May 5-12, 2025) and Jan-Feb 2026 — Greater than usual moves in gold and/or silver prices, notable events related to US monetary policy and/or currency value changes.
Global: 2025-2032 — Increased possibility of droughts, dust storms, water shortages, and water pollution. The sourcing and usage of water, oil, gas, some chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and biology-based components (e.g., for biocomputing) may dramatically change. This could be due to (a) some natural or manmade disasters leading to concerns about environmental pollution or shortages; and/or (b) scientific inventions, including biomedical research, that improve [water, oil, some chemical, some drug, etc.] resource management and enable novel uses of these resources. Innovations may involve ways to generate power by converting the chemical energy of [for example, hydrogen] to mechanical energy. Advancements will probably involve innovative power/fuel sources or new ways to use existing sources (in particular oil, water, or some chemical); new technologies related to communication and transportation (incl. electric vehicles, airplanes, submarines, motorcycles, helicopters, ships, etc.) [especially, things that fly, move super fast, and/or use water, such as submarines]; and IT innovations that enable much faster processing of much larger data volumes than before [again, this may involve novel uses of water, gas, chemicals, etc. as well as some biology-based components, biological or biochemical computing, combining biological and artificial neurons into a single network, and similar].
There may also be major advancements in medicine and bio-research related in particular to the treatment of wounds, burns, cuts, and other injuries that are typically associated with sports or wars. In particular, treatments related to head area of the body, as well as any inflammatory conditions (e.g., flu, dysentery, cholera, and bacterial or viral infections in general) may see some breakthroughs. There may be innovative uses of some pharmaceuticals, chemicals, or water than lead to faster healing. New treatments and medications may come out much quicker at this time, possibly due to circumstances that necessitate a quick turn-around and/or due to scientific advancements that allow quick development of new treatments/meds. The reason for the fast pace may be simply that technology advances allow for faster process and/or, it could be due to increase in the number of people who need certain treatments (e.g., due to a flu pandemic). There is also an increased risk of bio-medical advancements being misused to unethically enhance competitiveness in sports or military.
Finally, there may be major innovations related to audio-visual equipment and how music or movies are produced or distributed. We may see innovations that enable producing music and movies much faster than before, enabling almost anyone to quickly create personalized music pieces or movies. There may be major advancements in virtualizing games, sports, and military activities using novel audio-visual equipment. These advancements would enable players/warriors to compete/fight virtually in more advanced ways than before. This includes any actual external equipment (e.g., a virtual reality helmet of some sort) but also any technological means of enhancing biological capabilities or vice versa, using bio-medical advancements to improve technological solutions. The focus may be on enhancing eye-sight and hearing to be able to “see” and “hear” more clearly (incl. under water, in the dark, etc.).
Global: 2032-2035 — Possible problems with growing food and food production (possibly due to the preceding years of droughts). This may bring about some novel approaches to growing plants, raising livestock, manufacturing food artificially, restructuring agricultural processes, etc. There may be a move to a much more automated process for the food industry from growing food, to grocery delivery, to distributing cooked food, etc. — the entire process may become a lot more automated. These changes may go hand in hand with innovations in “smart” home technologies — from how homes are built and maintained, to how food is grown and delivered. The changes may stem from the problems with growing food naturally (the old way) and/or be due to the scientific advancements that allow food to be quickly produced [artificially or with the help of automated technologies] and delivered via automated means.