Neptune will pass through the 4th house of the natal chart of the USA from May 2022 to Mar, 2037.
Neptune (confusion, deception, water, oil, chemicals, etc.) will slowly transit through the 4th house of homeland, land, farming, food production, real-estate, banks’ assets, etc. over the course of about 15 years. Neptune’s transit will be a slow-unfolding background influence that can manifest as one or more of the following: confusion about real-estate, deceptive bank practices, uncertainty about banks’ stability, uncertainty about what is homeland, confusion about borders, shifting borders or status (e.g., a small town becomes a large city and vice versa, a district switches states, a district becomes a state, etc.), uncertainty about farming practices or food production, farming affected by floods/chemicals/pollution, significant oil/gas production + transportation projects, increased maritime transportation projects, initiatives to address water pollution, spread of diseases/infestation/drugs, spread of some religious beliefs/groups, increased popularity of some music/movies/virtual reality products, increased production of beverages/alcohol/cannabis, increased focus on spirituality/yoga/natural healing, etc.
Areas related to Neptune (e.g., water, navy, oil, gas, chemicals, fertilizers, pharma, drugs, mental health, spirituality, religion, meditation, movies, music, virtual reality, psychic vision, seafood, fishing, etc.) will become more relevant to the 4th house matters (e.g., home, land, real estate, banks, farming, food production, security, women and children). The manifestation could be positive or negative (or both) depending on other transits that Neptune forms as it passes through the 4th house. For example, there may be increased focus on businesses involved in chemical manufacturing or use — use of some chemicals [in agriculture or food production] may decrease while the use of some other chemicals may increase, new projects may begin that focus on chemical manufacturing at home [as opposed to imports], some chemical source or sources are discovered in the soil, new ways of dealing with chemical pollution [of the soil] are implemented, exposure of children to chemicals in food or soil is addressed with more urgency, etc. Similarly, there may be new projects or renewed focus on manufacturing, researching, using, or producing related materials or products “at home” (e.g., water, medicines, beverages, chemicals needed for electric cars or computer chips, etc.).
Since Neptune is strongly related to water, issues around water availability and cleanliness may also arise. Initially, while Neptune continues to transit through Pisces, there may be concerns about the excessive water (floods, rains, etc.). However, as Neptune enters Aries in March/April of 2025, the focus may switch to the scarcity of water, droughts, needing to ration or control water access, needing to do more to clean the water, etc. Neptune will enter Aries together with Saturn (lack, restrictions, controls, losses, embargo); the two planets will be conjunct from the spring of 2025 through the spring of 2026 (including a short move back to Pisces in the fall/winter of 2025).
The Saturn/Neptune conjunction in the fire sign of Aries (not at all friendly to Neptune) further points to a possibility of the world-wide shift from the reliance on the of Neptunian resources (water, oil, gas, chemicals, pharma, seafood, etc.) to concerns about their scarcity or intentional move away from their use. For example:
- A major drought leads to water rationing, or, green initiatives motivate people to use less water voluntarily.
- There is another epidemic (note that under a past Neptune conjunct Saturn transit in 1918 there was a Spanish flu epidemic), which leads to the reduced use of oil [and oil prices drop], or, major innovations in the automotive industry significantly reduce the reliance on fossil fuels [and oil prices drop].
- An infectious disease spreads and depletes the stockpile of some pharmaceuticals, or, innovations in medicine lead to reduced use of some pharmaceuticals.
Within the 15 year time period of Neptune’s transit through the 4th house of the U.S., 2022 through early 2024 may be especially difficult and even turbulent times. These years coincide with Neptune’s entry into the 4th house just as Pluto returns to its natal position (a major overhaul of all old systems and power structures, a rebirth; may be accompanied by scandals and power struggles at the top). Fluctuation in real-estate prices, problems with the banks and financial institutions (banks under water?), floods destroying land and agriculture, oil spills, chemical poisoning of soil, confusion about the borders (of the country and individual entities, such as states), confusion about the leadership, overhaul of the financial system, power plays among corporate and governmental entities [to gain control over resources / profits], overhaul of the power structures, reform or dismantling of power structures or powerful organizations (such as police, nuclear power plants, and banks), massive tax reforms, and even constitutional changes. This may be a chaotic time, but the events may result in certain outdated power structures and dysfunctional systems being purged/reformed.
Prior Neptune’s transit through the U.S. 4th house was from Feb 1860 to Dec 1873. During that time, several important events unfolded:
- The 1860s decade “was noted for featuring numerous major societal shifts in the Americas. In the United States, the election of abolitionist Abraham Lincoln to the presidency in 1860 led to the secession of the southern states in the form of the Confederate States of America (CSA).” This resulted in the American Civil War (1861-1865) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1860s).
- 1860s was also a period of a boom in the young petroleum industry in the US: “Petroleum became a major industry following the oil discovery at Oil Creek, Pennsylvania, in 1859” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_petroleum_industry_in_the_United_States). On Aug 27, 1859 Edwin Drake struck oil in Western Pennsylvania. His drilling is considered the “first large-scale commercial extraction of petroleum” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_oil_rush). In the following decade or so, there was an oil rush and oil industry developed substantially. The amount of oil produced and transported increased significantly. Oil companies first built pipelines in the 1860s (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/americas-first-oil-pipelines-180953870/). [Neptune = oil, 4th house = land, together = oil-rich land]
- Starting in 1860s, several laws (so called Homestead Acts) have been passed by which an applicant could acquire ownership of government land or the public domain. The first of the acts, the Homestead Act of 1862, opened up millions of acres (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_Acts).
- On Feb 3, 1870, the 15th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was passed, which gave the right to vote to Black men, became law when the required number of states ratified it (https://www.thoughtco.com/timeline-from-1870-to-1880-1774040).