Bad weather, disasters, accidents, crashes and earthquakes
Saturn (loss, restrictions) will square Moon Nodes from March to August 2022. This transit will be precise around late March – mid-April of 2022. At the same time, esp. around April 4-5, transiting Mars will join Saturn (often a signature for strong earthquakes, serious accidents, and structural failures, like a building collapse). The conjunction will take place in Aquarius (aviation, airspace, networks, satellites, power grids, electricity, lightening, shocking events).
During this entire time period, but especially in April of 2022 and also in late Jul – early Aug 2022 (when Mars will conjunct Uranus and North Node in Taurus), there is a higher than usual risk of damaging earthquakes, serious accidents (in particular aviation accidents), industrial disasters involving structural damage (e.g., a mine collapse, a dam burst) or something being crushed by large heavy objects. There is also an increased possibility of an attempted coup or some problems for older/established leaders who are seen as inflexible or at the end of their “expiration date.” While this background influence will be in effect for several months, specific events may take place when faster moving planets trigger the slowly unfolding Saturn/Nodes square and/or when other slow-moving planets also form tense aspects.
If that wasn’t stressful enough, on April 12, 2022 Jupiter (excess, expansion, gas, immigration, long distance transport, foreign relations) will conjunct Neptune (water, oil, gas, chemicals, pharma, navy, seaside locations, maritime transport, submarines) in Pisces (water, healthcare, hospitals, end of life, prisons, remote secret locations, wet damp places, medicine, biological research, drugs, religion, monasteries, navy, victimhood, sainthood, enlightenment, sacrifice). Thus, disasters in April specifically may involve massive flooding, large tsunami, major storms, massive waves of immigration (as in people fleeing form some catastrophic situation), massive oil spills or gas leaks, floods or storms that interfere with long distance transportation, industrial disasters involving oil refineries and chemical plants, explosions of improperly stored chemicals, accidents involving overcrowded ferries, sinking of submarines, etc.)
Regarding aviation accidents’ possibility in April — with Mars (engine, fire, hot, fast speed, military activities) conjunct Saturn (slow, old, heavy, mountains) in Aquarius (airspace, flying in the air, fast winds, high speeds), we can expect problems due to the following conditions:
- plane being unable to lift off fast enough (slow speed, old part malfunctioning, being unable to gain sufficient altitude in time, plane being overweight)
- fire, unable to slow down quickly enough, or a military-related attack (accidental or not)
- part(s) literally breaking off (Mars-Saturn = broken bones, teeth, structures)
As a result, the crash may be into a mountain or a tall structure (Saturn) or possibly into a body of water (with Jupiter-Neptune conjunction emphasizing water). If the plane crashes due to not being able to gain altitude, then it would have a lot of fuel (Jupiter Neptune = excess of oil/gas), which can contribute to the impact.
What days in April look the most critical?
On April 4-5, 2022, Mars Saturn conjunction will precisely square Moon Nodes. Given the nearly exact Jupiter Neptune conjunction at the same time, early April looks extremely tense and ripe for some major devastating event. Jupiter and Neptune conjunction indicates that the event may involve a massive storm, floods, oil or chemical spill, a chemical or bioweapons attack or accident, a gas leak and explosion, pollution or poisoning with some drug/chemical, and so on. Jupiter tends to blow things out-of-proportion, so the situation may cause major panic (e.g., about safety, oil prices, availability of clean water, etc.) and/or have a widespread effect. In general, transits of slower-moving planets, such as Saturn and Uranus, to Moon Nodes (Rahu and Ketu) also coincide with significant events that affect large groups of people.
USA: Early April 2022 also looks signifiant for the U.S. chart — transiting Jupiter/Neptune will oppose U.S. Neptune (floods, oil, gas, chemicals, pharma, navy, inflation, etc.) and square U.S. Mars (fires, engines, military, sports, assertive actions, risk-taking). This may indicate difficulties due to floods, pollution, inflation, or some upsetting confusing situation.
Another time when some difficulties may reach a peak or a time of increased risk for an industrial disaster, military activities, accidents, etc. is April 17-20, 2022. At that time, in the Heliocentric chart, Mars and Pluto will conjunct and precisely square Earth/Moon. This is a transit indicative of a dangerous situation involving protests, riots, attacks, military skirmishes, as well as fires, explosions, or some other problems involving Plutonian locations (e.g., mines, recycling facilities, underground storage, secret underground locations, [nuclear] power plants, nuclear weapons, radiation, etc.). In the geocentric chart, at this time transiting Sun will square Pluto (danger for leaders, uncontrolled release of power), while Jupiter/Neptune conjunction (big hopes, big lies, legal problems for oil/gas/pharma, transportation problems for oil/gas/pharma, inflation, expansion of navy, flooding, confusion, inspiration, divine intervention) will be passing over the Midheaven (leadership, prominent status) in the U.S. chart.
What events occurred under similar transits in the past?
In general, current transits bear strong similarities to the transits that took place in 1999 when Saturn in Taurus squared Moon Nodes in Leo/Aquarius while Uranus was conjunct South Node in Aquarius. The same fixed signs are involved this time, and again we have Saturn and Uranus triggering the Nodes through tense aspects.
Update (03.27.22): Also, transits in 1982, 1976, and 1953 were similar to those unfolding in the spring-summer of 2022. Specifically, in February of 1982, Mars Saturn conjunction squared Moon Nodes. In 1976 and 1953, Uranus was conjunct one of the Nodes while Saturn squared the Nodes; moreover, the 1976 Nodes-Saturn-Uranus tense alignment involved fixed signs as in 1999 and 2022. Added a few more examples from those years.
Some examples of the past events that occurred under Saturn square Nodes in recent years:
- Hurricane Matthew Sep-Oct 2016. From Wikipedia: Hurricane Matthew was the first Category 5 Atlantic hurricane since Felix in 2007. Matthew caused catastrophic damage and a humanitarian crisis in Haiti, as well as widespread devastation in the southeastern United States. [Note: transiting Neptune (floods) was aspecting Nodes as well.]
- October 2016 Central Italy earthquakes. From Wikipedia: A series of major earthquakes struck Central Italy between the Marche and Umbria regions in October 2016. The third quake on 30 October was the largest in Italy in 36 years, since the 1980 Irpinia earthquake.
- 2016 Montenegrin coup allegations. From Wikipedia: A coup d’état in the capital of Montenegro, Podgorica was allegedly planned and prepared for 16 October 2016, the day of the parliamentary election, according to Montenegro’s special prosecutor.
- 2016 Turkish coup d’état attempt. From Wikipedia: The 15 July 2016 coup d’état attempt was attempted in Turkey against state institutions, including the government and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- 2010 Ecuador crisis. From Wikipedia: The 2010 Ecuador crisis took place on 30 September 2010, when elements of the National Police blockaded highways, occupied the National Parliament, blocked the Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito and the José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport in Guayaquil, and took over TV Ecuador’s station, in what they claimed was a strike to oppose a government-sponsored law that supposedly reduced their benefits. Unrest and looting was reported in seven provincial capitals of the country due to the lack of law enforcement.
- 2010 Canterbury earthquake. From Wikipedia: The 2010 Canterbury earthquake (also known as the Darfield earthquake) struck the South Island of New Zealand with a moment magnitude of 7.1 at 4:35 am local time on 4 September, and had a maximum perceived intensity of X (Extreme) on the Mercalli intensity scale. Some damaging aftershocks followed the main event, the strongest of which was a magnitude 6.3 shock known as the Christchurch earthquake that occurred nearly six months later on 22 February 2011.
- 1999 Olympic pipeline explosion. From Wikipedia: On June 10, 1999, the Olympic pipeline operated by Olympic Pipe Line Company, carrying gasoline at the time, exploded in Whatcom Falls Park in Bellingham, Washington. The disaster started at 3:25 PM PDT (22:25 UTC) when a mostly-underground gasoline pipeline that crossed Whatcom and Hanna Creeks ruptured due to various errors and malfunctions on the part of Olympic Pipeline and others. The gasoline vapors exploded at 5:02 PM PDT, sending a fireball down Whatcom Creek. Three people died in the incident. Property damage was estimated at $58,455,927, most of it caused by the explosion. The rupture allowed 277,000 US gallons (1,050,000 L) of gasoline to escape into the creek bed. Bellingham water treatment personnel were forced to manually add water treatment chemicals to keep the water supply safe until the plant could be rebuilt.
- 1999 Tehuacán earthquake. From Wikipedia: The 1999 Tehuacán earthquake, or the 1999 Central Mexico earthquake, occurred on June 15 at 15:42 local time (20:42 UTC) near Tehuacán, Puebla, Mexico, close to the state of Oaxaca. The earthquake measured 7.0 on the moment magnitude scale.
- 1999 İzmit earthquake. From Wikipedia: During the summer of 1999, Turkey was hit by a series of earthquakes. The mainshock of the İzmit earthquake, also known as the Kocaeli earthquake or Gölcük earthquake, occurred on August 17th, with its epicenter located in İzmit, with a moment magnitude of 7.6, and maximum Mercalli intensity of X (Extreme). The shaking lasted 37 seconds, causing great damage to the area and many casualties.
- 1999 Jiji earthquake. From Wikipedia: The Chi-Chi earthquake (later also known as the Jiji earthquake), also known as the great earthquake of September 21, was a 7.3 ML or 7.7 Mw earthquake which occurred in Jiji (Chi-Chi), Nantou County, Taiwan on Tuesday, 21 September 1999 at 01:47:12 local time. 2,415 people were killed, 11,305 injured, and NT$300 billion worth of damage was done. It is the second-deadliest earthquake in Taiwan’s recorded history, after the 1935 Shinchiku-Taichū earthquake.
- 1999 Pakistani coup d’état October 12, 1999. From Wikipedia: The 1999 military takeover in Pakistan was a bloodless coup d’état initiated by the military staff at the Joint Staff HQ working under Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Pervez Musharraf.
- Ocean Ranger 1982 disaster. From Wikipedia: Ocean Ranger was a semi-submersible mobile offshore drilling unit that sank in Canadian waters on 15 February 1982. It was drilling an exploration well on the Grand Banks of Newfoundland, 267 kilometres (166 mi) east of St. John’s, Newfoundland, for Mobil Oil of Canada, Ltd. (MOCAN) with 84 crew members on board when it sank. There were no survivors. In related activity the following day, the Soviet container ship Mekhanik Tarasov was struck by the same weather conditions as Ocean Ranger, approximately 65 miles (105 km) to the east. The battered Soviet freighter listed dramatically for hours before sinking with the loss of 32 of 37 crew. [Note: transiting Pluto (excavation, death) was widely (5 degree orb) aspecting Nodes as well.]
- Pan Am Flight 759 crash in 1982. From Wikipedia: Pan Am Flight 759 was a regularly scheduled domestic passenger flight from Miami to San Diego, with en route stops in New Orleans and Las Vegas. On July 9, 1982, the Boeing 727 flying this route crashed in the New Orleans suburb of Kenner after being forced down by a microburst shortly after takeoff. All 145 on board and 8 people on the ground were killed.
- Seveso disaster of 1976. From Wikipedia: The Seveso disaster was an industrial accident that occurred around 12:37 PM on July 10, 1976, in a small chemical manufacturing plant approximately 20 kilometres (12 mi) north of Milan in the Lombardy region of Italy. It resulted in the highest known exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in residential populations, which gave rise to numerous scientific studies and standardized industrial safety regulations. The EU industrial safety regulations are known as the Seveso II Directive. This accident was ranked eighth in a list of the worst man-made environmental disasters by Time magazine in 2010.
- Big Thompson Flood of 1976. From Wikipedia: On July 31, 1976, a nearly stationary thunderstorm caused a major flash flood in the infamous Big Thompson River Canyon, claiming 139 lives. From Coloradoan: [The flood was] the deadliest natural disaster in Colorado history that claimed 144 lives and caused $35 million of damages. A year’s worth of rain fell in 70 minutes.
- SAETA Flight 232 crash in 1976. From Wikipedia: On 15 August 1976, SAETA Flight 232 en route from Quito, Ecuador, to Cuenca was reported missing while in flight. The SAETA-operated Vickers Viscount 785D carried 55 passengers and 4 crew members. The route is considered a dangerous stretch due to the snow-capped mountain Chimborazo. The plane was eventually found at 5,310 meters (17,420 feet) in October 2002 by two members of the Nuevos Horizontes mountaineering club.
- 1976 Moro Gulf earthquake. From Wikipedia: The 1976 Moro Gulf earthquake and tsunami took place on August 17, 1976, at 00:11 local time near the islands of Mindanao and Sulu, in the Philippines. Its magnitude was calculated as being as high as 8.0 on the moment magnitude scale. It was the deadliest and strongest earthquake in the Philippines in 58 years since the 1918 Celebes Sea earthquake.
- 1976 Anapa mid-air collision. From Wikipedia: The 1976 Anapa mid-air collision was the collision of Aeroflot Flight 7957 (an Antonov An-24RV) and Aeroflot Flight C-31 (a Yakolev Yak-40) on 9 September 1976, off the coast of Anapa in the Soviet Union. All 70 people on the two aircraft were killed in the crash. The primary cause of the accident was determined to be error by the air traffic controller; investigators never recovered the fuselage of the Yak-40.
- 1976 Zagreb mid-air collision. From Wikipedia: On 10 September 1976, British Airways Flight 476, a Hawker Siddeley Trident en route from London to Istanbul, collided mid-air near Zagreb, Yugoslavia (modern-day Croatia), with Inex-Adria Aviopromet Flight 550, a Douglas DC-9 en route from Split, Yugoslavia, to Cologne, West Germany. The collision was the result of a procedural error on the part of Zagreb air traffic controllers. All 176 people aboard the two aircraft were killed, making it, at the time, the world’s deadliest mid-air collision. It is the deadliest aviation accident in both Croatia and Yugoslavia.
- 1953 Sabena Convair Crash. From Wikipedia: The 1953 Sabena Convair Crash was the crash of a Convair CV-240 of the Belgian airline Sabena, 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) north of Frankfurt, West Germany, on 14 October 1953. None of the 44 people on board survived the incident. The cause of the crash was determined to possibly be a heavy deposit of lead on the sparking plugs which reside in the engines. The investigation states that as the plugs warmed up during takeoff, the metal deposits formed a circuit which ended up short circuiting the plugs causing the fatal engine failure and subsequent stalling and crash of the aircraft.
- RNZAF air accident (mid-air collision) in New Zealand in 1953. From Christchurch City Libraries: Two Royal New Zealand Air Force De Havilland Devons, the NZ1811 and NZ1810 from RNZAF Station Wigram, collided over Wigram Aerodrome. A crash at Wigram on October 15, 1953 remains the worst RNZAF crash in New Zealand history, killing seven men.
Impact on the markets
OIL, GAS, CHEMICALS, PHARMA, MARITIME TRANSPORT, SEAFOOD, BEVERAGES: Apr 4-12, 2022 (+- few weeks) — Jupiter (excess, expansion, immigration, long distance transport, foreign relations) will conjunct Neptune (water, oil, gas, chemicals, pharma, navy, seaside locations, maritime transport, submarines) in Pisces (water, water and more water; healthcare, hospitals, end of life, prisons, remote secret locations, monasteries, navy, victimhood, sainthood, enlightenment, sacrifice). Oil price (as well as the value of other Neptunian products, like fertilizers, cannabis industry products, alcoholic beverages, seafood, etc.) may go up in the weeks prior to April 2022, peak around early-to- mid April and then go down (esp. after May 10th once Jupiter transits into Aries). The reason for the reversal to down will possibly be concerns about a surplus and excess inventory that can’t be used or can’t be delivered (probably due to bad weather, transportation problems, or international tensions).
At the same time, there is an increased probability of major floods, storms, large-scale oil spills, gas leaks, dam failures, pipeline damage, flu epidemic, some infectious disease outbreak, water contamination, chemical pollution, etc. These may negatively affect shipments and lead to excessive stockpiles of inventory that can’t be distributed, thereby leading to a drop in prices. There may also be concerns about an excessive number of vessels used for floating oil storage. Along with the risk of bad weather or even a tsunami, this increases the probability of an oil spill and other problems for Neptunian areas from late Mar to May, 2022. For ex., there may be an industrial accident or an attack involving an oil refinery or a chemical plant, breach of a large container that stores oil or chemical of some sort, oil tanker running aground and spilling large quantities of oil, and so on.
I love all your detail. My grandmother was a professional astrologer but I am just a student. I am enjoying the north node conjunct my sun Although Saturn is squaring it &retrograde back-and-forth. Can’t imagine if I live to see Uranus conjunction my sun! Thank you so much although I am not a techie and it sure was hard to leave this comment
Thanks Trina! Glad you were able to figure out the comments 🙂 Very cool that your grandmother was a professional astrologer — I bet she was an interesting lady to talk to.
North Node conjunct your Sun may bring important meetings or important people into your life. Saturn squaring the Sun may indicate some tensions where either you have to take on more responsibilities (e.g., work harder) or someone has to take on more responsibilities and help you in some way. Both Moon Nodes and Saturn are thought to indicate karma, so there may be some situation going on that stems from a past relationship. Now this person or situation is back in your life to give you an opportunity to resolve it.
When Uranus conjuncts your Sun, you may seek more freedom and leave some burdensome situation behind — it can be quite liberating!