Brief post to get another April 2011 market prediction out quickly. This time it’s for iron ore, and more specifically, for the Great Northern Iron Ore Properties (GNI) stock. I may add details with pics later, but here is a recap:
- I predict that the price of GNI shares will go up till April 28-29, 2011; with a reversal (likely a drop) to begin on May 2, 2011
- I looked at GNI chart max/min pattern & corresponding transits of Mars (symbolic ruler of iron in astrology) to outside planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto—yes, Pluto is still a planet in my book :D) & noted the correlations
- On April 18, there was an exact opposition between Mars and Saturn (“downer” combo, Mars symbolizes iron, Saturn—steel and any earth-derived materials, like metals, rocks, etc.), so many iron/steel stocks traded down from last Friday (e.g., read this article, “Iron Ore-Spot prices fall on slow China steel demand” http://tinyurl.com/42fmr57)
- this corresponded to a bottom from a drop that began on April 11-12, 2011, when Mars squared Pluto (Pluto—anything hidden, excavated/mined, x-rayed, nuclear power, death, etc.; this was also a “downer” combo);
- additionally, on April 18, Pluto was exactly in the midpoint between Saturn and Uranus—tension, push-n-pull in opposite directions between the need to conserve, be cautious and desire to cut loose/greater freedom, were being balanced/focused by Pluto (perhaps reworking mining approaches/strategies [as well as approaches to handling powerful energies, like nuclear—just a side note]?).
- On May 1 (Sunday), there will be a conjunction between Mars and Jupiter (“happy” expansive combo)
- Previous Mars-Jupiter conjunction on Feb 12, 2009 corresponded to a major MAX for GNI, so I expect a similar pattern to repeat on April 28-29, 2011
- Basically, buy GNI on April 19 and sell on April 28 or possibly 29 (shortly before the exact aspect, so as to not miss it);
- I’ll put this as a practice trade (no money, just for fun) & we’ll see what happens on May 2 🙂 FYI: last trade on April 18 was at $102.49 (baseline).
p.s. Posted on April 18, 2011 after NYSE closed…